Monday, March 31, 2008

Ode to Applesauce


Spring is sprunging. We had a nice thunderstorm this morning; made it quite difficult to drag my ass out of bed. And even more difficult to explain to Brody he really needed to poop before I leave for work, despite the downpour and the thunderboomers. After much cheerleading on my part he dropped a lil wiener loaf. He looked sad and soaked after. It was for his own good though. He would've hated to sit in his crate with a gut full of poo all day.

I just wrote a paragraph about my dog pooping. It only makes sense, I guess, since it is very much a part of my daily conversation with D. In the morning: "Did Brody poop yet?" At night before bed, "Did Brody poop before bed?" Seriously. At least twice a day we discuss Brody's poop. We really could adopt. (Notice I said 'could') Because, yeah, being a parent is just talking about baby poop...twice a day. And THAT last statement is why we don't adopt. That and I heard on Fox news that gay parents can give their adopted children cancer. And the gay virus. But excellent fashion sense and a love of Bravo.

That's a good place to end this entry. And I thought I was going to write some Ode to Spring and I digressed on dog poop and gay adoption. That's what happens when I live on Red Bull and Coffee all day. My brain is applesauce.

5 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You were attracted to my wieners? Well, I already love you! And you too have a wiener and know the joys of trying to make a hot dog poop/pee during inclement weather. Try doing it during a freakin blizzard!

Will be back for sure - you used the term "lil wiener loaf!"

Hallie

Anonymous said...

I am terrified of Hallie.

*word verify is "peokxtdh" which is almost "pukes tuh duh!" which is equally unpleaseant about babies. Trust.

Jason said...

- don't be terrified. Hallie is great! :)

- I'm always amazed with the distance of babies projectile vomit. It scares me. But then babies sorta do to. I'm always like, "What? What do you want? Why you lookin' at me?"

Dayna said...

Um. Okay. So. I was so not going to fess up until tomorrow. However, since I know you in the professional sense... I gotta tell you - full on April Fools Joke. Um. You know. Because my parents read the blog. LOL.

;) I did totally get them!

Jason said...

dayna, seriously. Best April's fools joke ever!