Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Random TV Regurgitation

Dear Diary

I think I'm mostly done with American Idol. Mostly. What is annoying me the most this season (besides the fact I'm watching it again) is the obvious exploitation of folks with mental illness. Folks have to get past some gatekeepers before they make it to the "judges." I know, I know, they weed out the mediocre singers and put through the freak shows and the pretty goods. I think in the earlier seasons I was moderately amused by the freakshows...but honesty I just have to walk downtown to see performers of that, um "caliber. " I've noticed something has happened to me this season and I mostly find it sad when the folks with a distorted self-image are given the most camera time. It's not funny anymore. Just sad. So either I'm getting boring and less cynical...which honestly if you knew me you would know this is far far from the truth OR American Idol is becoming a caricature of itself. An eventuality of most things Hollywood I've noticed.

Please Please those who write checks for writers...GIVE THEM THE MONEY! If I have to sit through anymore unscripted shitbag TV I'm going to resort to reading more books. BOOKS! I tell you.

Anyone watching Crowned Mother of All Pageants? Well it's pretty frickin' satisfying as far as pseudo-reality TV goes. It's crap, sure. Tongue and cheek TV at it's best.

While I'm on the topic of reality TV...Project Runway is on soon. I know that Auld Hat is on a hiatus so I won't be able to watch her play by play action. Which is quite sad, because 1) Her recaps are fantabulous. And B.) according to E! Entertainment the episode is supposed to be crazy town express. (Yes, I'm aware that I get 50 damnation points for even pausing on the E channel.)




1 comment:

Alyssa Turner said...

Hey Jason! Great to hear from you! I continued to be one of your faithful readers however I got tired of seeing "Black Hole Sun" every time I loaded up your pge and finally gave up. I am glad to see you are back at it and have enjoyed getting caught up. So from one photographer to another check out my new buisness web site and tell me what you think. www.alyssapix.com