Friday, October 29, 2004

03.14.03 Eat Fresh.

I am just around the corner from sleep...

I was thinking earlier about the time I had to dress up like a giant sub sandwich when I worked at Subway.

The 'costume' I wore was like a giant balloon that was blown up by a air compressor that was strapped to my back. A giant Cold Cut Combo with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, Big Eyes, and a huge-ass grin. All balanced on top of my little bean-pole legs. I had to stand inside of this thing by the highway and wave to the cars as they went by. A lot people honked and waved. Some people yelled stuff...like, "Fuck you!" and "Fag." I felt like a Superstar!

I saw this little girl walking into Subway with her mother, and thought she might want to give me a hug, or something. I guess I had it in my mind that kids liked giant inflatable sandwich people, but apparently I was wrong. She ran away screaming and buried her face, terrified, into her Mother's chest. The mom flashed me a look of anger as if I tried to scare the shit out of her little girl.

I have to admit it was a little funny and maybe a little bit intentional. I am sure even a Giant Mickey gets pleasure from freakin' out little mousketeers. Not saying I was anywhere in the same league as a Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny. Those are Theme Park characters.



I was just a sandwich.




No comments: