Thursday, December 09, 2004

Knee Surgery and Mormons Wrestling 06.05.03

I talked to mom last night. She informed me she is having yet another surgery. More pills for mamma commin' her way. The crazy thing is she doesn't have the surgeries for the pills, I think she just needs a break. The pills just kind of sugar coat life.

It's not that I don't believe her body is falling apart. I just wonder what the catalyst for the crumble is.

It is her knee this time. She told me she "blew it out." I am not quite sure of the medical term for this. Essentially it causes her a lot of pain when she does anything.

She just had surgery on her knee a few months ago. They removed some of the cartilige. The doctor she went to this time when the pain became "unbearable," told her they had removed too much and now the knee is grinding against bone. Mom is too young for a knee replacement because she will live longer then the new knee. So, instead they are going to fuse the knee to the bone. Sounds fun.

She will get a home morphine machine after the surgery. Mamma's goin' drip.

seg way>

A guy at the center today was telling me he was told his knee was messed up pretty badly, as well, and that he needed a knee replacement, but was to young for one. He is going to be 40 soon.

He told the doctor that he could promise not to play basketball, but he couldn't promise to stop wrestling. See, he just loves "wrestling with the boys."

Creepy.

He is Mormon and he likes to hang out with the young Mormon boys who come to town to preach the Book of Mormon door to door. I have always thought there was a bit of sugar in his gas tank, but he would never come out of the closet because of his deep affiliation with the church.

Sexuality can't be contained, so I am sure it is coming out in some shape or form. I am picturing mormon wrestling...not too different from the Roman kind in days of old. I am sure that led to other things, too.

Repression generates a lot of slime.

No comments: