Thursday, December 09, 2004

Saturday Morning Coffee Talk 05.24.03

I will be heading home for the weekend, this afternoon. My intent was to hang around here, instead, and get some work done in the yard and maybe work on my trees. My mother called yesterday, and was able to guilt me into a slightly different plan. It's okay, I am sure it will be much more entertaining being at the family hub. It usually is.

I sat in bed last night and went through my photos. It was fun, but I sort of missed the times when I would travel a lot. In one year I went to Pittsburgh (I actually love Pittsburgh,) NYC, Washington DC, Paris, Amsterdam, Brugge, Rotterdam, and Florida, yes, the entire state. I think I just sounded like a travel snob, which was not my intention, because I used to date a travel snob, hence my trips, and it would get under my skin when he would "place-drop".

The funny thing about my photos of my travels is in most all of them I was taking a picture of Matt (travel-snob) taking a picture of something really cool. This was the theme of all of our trips.

Once, in Amsterdam I hung out on this corner for like an hour while he stood over this pile of metal rods and shot pictures. I am sure under the spell of the great Rokkuru marijuana those rods looked really cool, but I got pretty bored watching him. The good thing is, me being who I am now, I would never just "hang-about" I would have said, "Fuck this" and be on my merry way.

Well, I better shower and get this day started.

Oh and...mental note (or cyber-note) I think we need to get more involved in politics. Bush is fucking things up. We need to turn away from our reality T.V and get back into reality. Do we really want our country overturning the Nuclear testing/use law? Well, that is what is going to happen...just the low-grade stuff, so don't sweat. Only 1/3 the strength of Hiroshima. But, hell, it won't be on our soil, right?

Another thing...this means more defense spending...and since we just cut out of the education fund for this Rich Man's tax cut if we increase defense spending, education will be hit again. We have parents donating plasma to raise money for their school districts. What the fuck?

This is our fault. All of us.

When do we get angry enough?

Peace.

No comments: