Thursday, December 09, 2004

Put The Fun in DysFUNctional 04.07.03

I actually had an enjoyable weekend with my family. I hate to say this (not really) but I think one of the main reasons why it was such a good time was because my two uptight sisters weren't there.

No one seemed to really care.

My youngest sister, Lacey, and my 3 year old niece, Codee, rode down with D and I to St. Louis. East Alton, actually, but no one knows what I am talking about when I say 'East Alton'.

I was glad to be able to hang out with her, minus her boyfriend, A.K.A. Codee's dad, A.K.A. deadbeat.

Troy, her boyfriend, has quite a hold on her. Even she admits how fucked up it is. He is about 10 years older than she is, although you wouldn't really guess this just by talking to him. You might start to think him older when he tells you tales about prison. Yeah, he was in there for awhile for manufacturing methamphedamine. Maybe this is the secret to his charisma?

She is pregnant again, but Mom doesn't know it, yet. Lacey is afraid to tell her for fear mom might just freak out. And she just might. But, only for awhile...my mom is such a sucker for the Grandma gig.

Right now the three of them are living in one of the upstairs bedrooms. Troy doesn't have the greatest track record with our family. For this reason he doesn't like to come down from the upstairs. He just kind of hides out, and Lacey brings him his food and clothes. Kind of like prison, but without the homosexual sex...I think.

What is really gross, though, is the bathroom is downstairs and there have been a few times mom has found Pepsi bottles filled to the brim with piss. Isn't that lovely? 20oz of bottled piss.

The other bedroom is being inhabited by my step-brother and his girlfriend, whom he has a restraining order against seeing. He is wearing one of those fancy ankle bracelets you get to where when you are on that house arrest/curfew thing.

And I wondered why my mom wants to work and live in East Alton during the week?

Back to the point...Lacey is pregnant and no one else in the family knows, except for me and my step-kin. (Heh heh I said 'step-kin') I don't want to know. I wished it wasn't a reality, but what can you do about the miracle of makin' babies?

At my cousin's wedding reception my step-dad kept making comments that he thought Lacey looked pregnant. My mom said she was just getting a gut because she is finally eating right and 'off the drugs.'

She really did look pretty pregnant. And she was high. She tried to sip on a beer all night to throw them off of the track, but my mom probably already knows...she is just in denial like she was when I used to put make up on my baby sister and curl her hair, or when I was in showchoir in highschool.

Peace.

No comments: