Thursday, December 09, 2004

What's Happening?

Say Goodbye to Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

This is why I fear for America. What exactly is "Traditional Family Values." Should we not value our gay sons and daughters...should we not protect postive role models...who cares if they are gay? Apparently, those who have America's 'best interest' in mind do.

Exit polls showed, supposedly, that Americans feel their values are under attack, and this is one of their main concerns. Who told them they were under attack? What if I feel like my life is under attack? What if I feel like I'm to conform to this new idea of American life? What the hell is happening???

1 comment:

Jay said...

Well it's true, gays should not have any rights, and I'm not sure where they got that idea in the first place. They should all get back in the closet, marry a heterosexual partner of the opposite sex and repress their feelings like they used to. Isn't that what's better for America?
....
The fact of the matter is, Americans are a little confused as to what their values really are. I hope that society will soon realize that good values should include acceptance, and certainly not just of gays. But what we are learning is that people, and not just Americans, are more divided now than ever before. I always think it is particularly crazy that there is such a hooplah over gay marriage: these people are not trying to destroy the sanctity of marriage, they're perpetuating a crumbling institution.