Thursday, December 09, 2004

Searching For America 06.05.03

It's been awhile since I have written anything in here. I have wanted to, sure, I do have things to purge on a daily basis, but I think it just started getting weird when people I knew were reading my diary. My manager for one. I know I told her it didn't bother me, and that is what happens when you put your life out in Cyber land...but it still sort of bugged me a bit. I'm working through it.

Things have been okay, lately. As if I am swimming in a bucket of Vanilla. I am looking forward to this Summer. I am taking my friend Jason and his Son Simon on a Summer vacation, since this will be the last Summer Simon lives so close. He is going to be moving to Texas with his mom in September.

I have decided on a grass-roots American tour. We are going to hit a lot of the roadside attractions between here and South Dakota, our final destination. I want to go camping in the Badlands.

I secretly want to re-discover America, and find her soul again. I think she is being sold as an Imperialistic Bitch and I have grown tired of this image. I know there has to be some good in her somewhere. She was conceived with Freedom in mind, right? Or was it really just rich guys trying to escape taxation?

It doesn't really matter what the white folks brought, she was here long before then, and I am pretty sure her spirit was pretty clean up until that point. This is the side I am looking for.

Well, it is getting about that time where I shower and get ready for work.

Peace.

No comments: