Tuesday, December 07, 2004

What a way to spend a day.

I spent a while here

I went to Belief.net tonight to read some of their boards regarding "Gay Marriage" Duh DUh DUH! I know it's probably not wise to dip my fragile conciousness into the pool of hate debate, but I seriously want to understand why people are so filled with negativity towards gays and lesbians, and why they want to ammend our laws to ensure two men nor two women will ever wed (each other...you know man to man...oh shit, you get it.) Or why the 'other side' (Damn, what the hell is happening to us) might, possibly, give the gay community the "rights of marriage" (Gee, guys, thanks.) but it has to be named something else. That ensures the sanctity of it, and God won't be so pissed off at 'em. As if that is the one thing that will push the Lord to smitedom.

So, I want to just cut and paste of few of the posts here, because honestly, I just can't believe how people think.

Oh yeah...so, the reason I'm putting myself through this hell is I just happened onto some board debating gay marriage on msn or some other news channel website. I didn't know where the link was going to take me... I sware...I wouldn't have to chosen to spend the day reading people comparing me to folks born with Down Syndrome (I mean, come on! Come On! Retard children can't get married...so why should those queers be able to get married??) or saying the bible is referring to homosexuals when it discusses unichs. Equating absolute loss of sexuality as the polar opposite of the masculine straight man. How out of touch is that??

So here we go folks...this is beliefnet where people are supposed to go online, with an open mind, and explore other people's core beliefs, that which makes up their world view. These are the middle...but then this is the internet...so I suppose there are no demographic rules. Anyway, it scares me.

Okay, you know what. I just spent some time going through some posts and I'm not going to copy and paste them. I have wasted enough of my time reading them, I'm not going to force someone else to do the same.

The truth of the matter people are disguising their disgust, bred from their fear, within (il)logic, (psuedo)sociology, (hate)religion, and "a want for better humanity." For some reason a lot of these people actually believe there is a recruitment going on or society is traumatizing people into being gay. They are fearful homosexuality will destroy civillization. That we will just non-produce ourselves to death. Once again equating homosexuality with non-sexuality, non-familywantality (heh heh.)

People just aren't getting it.

I'm tired. All this ignorance is making me sleepy...

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Ok this is a touchy subject. I linked to your blog because you commented on mine(the toe nail thing) so here I am. Ok I know for a fact that God made a women and a male go togeather. But I also know that being gay is not something you decide you are just going to do for one one day it is something that is wired in you so....no where in the bible does it say that it is a sin to be gay. The sin comes in when you decide to act on this. However no one on this earth should be judging anyone because only God is to judge us and what ever sin you have is between you and God and that is it. Now as far as God is concerned a sin is a sin. He sees a white lye, sex out of wedlock, and lets say murder all as just plane sin. Not big sin and little sin. So you have a forest and there is big trees and little trees but when you view a forest from above all you see is green. that is how God sees sin. So yes sin is sin and we all commit it DAILY but thanks to believing that Jesus Christ the sinless son of God came to die on the cross for our sins, all sins past present and future are all forgiven and we can have ever lasting life in Heaven gay or not.